Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Three days of Rain

Yes I finally did it! I got the BF to got to Broadway. Granted, not a musical or anything but still its a start.

Of course he didn't like it. He says he doesn't like that people in the theatre speak differently than regular people.

This comment bugged me a little, but I know I will not change him, or anyone else with the same views. Some people don't enjoy such cultural activities. To each his own. He is not wrong. The dialogue is not like our regular everyday speech, but that is what makes the whole thing amazing.

He did like the rain special effect though, so that was something.

I LOVED IT!
I thought it was one of the best shows I have seen.

It is true, Julia Roberts really did nothing for the play. I mean she didn't suck. But her whole performance felt very rigid and like she was tense. I am not a critic by any means but I thought that Bradley Cooper was AMAZING! Suprisingly, even better than Paul Rudd who I thought of as more famous.

Its set in two time periods. First the "present"which is really 1995 and then the second act reverts back to the 1960's. I like that you had to think for a bit to fit the pieces together, but not too much. The right amount. It was funny and emotional all at once. And yes, there was real rain.
Its basically three people (2 of whom are siblings) getting together to reconcile the estates of their fathers who were partners in a big architectural firm. The play traces a path through the children, the mothers and fathers across time and other life events.

I really enjoyed it.
If you have the budget and the time I would recommend it. (as if that means anything)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home