Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

FLEET WEEK

Thank you Nacho for reminding me. And in honor of this I will recount my week, since I have been a bad poster ;-(

Sunday May 21:
Mets v. Yankees @ Shea with the BF.
Not only did my Yankees lose, and not with dignity, but thank g-d it was only 9 innings. Has any one else noticed that it’s becoming the norm for games to go overtime? I mean look at this weeks 16 INNING game…. It was MIGHTY cold. So cold. We had nothing behind us in our section (no we were not high up) and the wind was crazy. Not even the free credit card blanket saved us.
Then we had to wait for the train for 45 minutes! Driving would have been faster, but parking would have sucked, and I was too tired to drive, and the most important thing, BF LOVES TRAINS!

Oh yeah.. tree boy got married!

Monday May 22:
G-d awful. BF played hooky from work, which was one of the smartest things he did. I had to go to Brooklyn for court in the a.m. then off to Queens for a conference in the p.m. I find my court time fun, if not exhausting.
My Brooklyn thing was scheduled for 9:30 I was done by like 9:45. Normally I am done around 11 and then I would go straight to Queens. Seeing as how I am a good employee and I was really on my boss’s dime I called him to ask if he wanted me to go back to the office and then head out to Queens. And the response was: [YET ANOTHER REASON I LOVE MY JOB]
“Go down to federal court, get an application for admission” I did and was done quickly. Called him back and he said, “Don’t you have a friend who works down there? Go find her, have lunch, take it easy, but make sure you are in Queens by 2:00” this was 11:00am. WOW!
So I found Shan at her office. In Bankruptcy court, which is beautiful!
We talked, I got a tour and then… WE WENT SHOPPING!!!! I got me a skirt and a pair of shoes!
Got starbucks and made it to Queens with plenty of time to spare.
Got back to the office at like 3:30.

I was dead tired, but I had a good day.

Cut class with Nacho because I needed sleep!

Went to bed at like 9:00. AWESOME!

Tuesday May 23:
Court again. At 11:30 but it was ok. After work went to the gym, then a shiur with my mom and early to bed, again.

Yesterday:
I had to be at work 6:45 am!!! For a networking meeting. It was fun. But I am seriously sleep deprived.

Court again. Seriously like it.
Met a guy I took my review course with, we chatted for a bit to pass the time. I got back to work at like 11:30.
Worked (i.e. made it look like I was working) and headed out at 5.

Got a pedicure at a new place near the BF’s house. It was really good.

Had din with the BF and his family, which he pointed out I had not done in a while. My bad. Then we went shopping for food for the weekend.

WE ARE GOING TO SEE LEWIS BLACK!!!!!

My Caffeine Consumption for May 24th 2006:
5:45 am- home, 1 cup of coffee (8oz)
6:15 am- bagel store on way to work, 1 cup Tea, with Caffeine (8 oz)
7:10 am- Meeting, 1 medium size coffee, (16 oz)
2:00 pm- Lunch Break- Dunkin Donuts medium Ice Coffee (16 oz)

SERIOUSLY WIRED!!!

Tonight we have a game against our team from last season.. I hope we at least take one game, and make em sweat, but I really just want to have fun.

Enjoy your holiday weekend.
I hope to have some pics and great stories for the after Black post :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home