Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

New Meaning to Raccoon Eyes

SURPRSIE!!! We had our house painted. Since Tuesday morning our house has been insane. The painters came, turned everything upside down, created dirt and dust, and lets not forget the fumes. As part of painting they take down the blinds from the windows and remove the screens so they can paint the window frames. Now I have been sleeping with all my fans on, and the windows and doors open in an effort not to die.

So Tuesday night I took a chance on a bird flying in [so we were having a conversation about brids...] and left some of the screen-less windows open a crack. As it was I am always nauseous and sick bc of the freaking fumes.
Yesterday, thank g-d they put my shades and screens back in, because if not I would be locked in my bathroom and not at my desk now to tell you this story….

I set my alarm (or I thought I did, turns out I didn’t and I overslept by 25 min, yet miraculously was only 5 min late to work, g-d works in mysterious ways, but more on that later) for 6:30 am. At around 5:30 am I hear this rustling, I thought it was the fan/wind moving some of the crap that has found a home in my room or one of my brothers coming in to deposit something of mine that was in his room or ask me to move furniture, I sit up in bed and look in to the eyes of a raccoon on my roof, scratching on the screen. Now had the screens not been there and I was sleeping all open and vulnerable you can bet you’re a$$ I would have hightailed into the bathroom closed the door and screamed. I only pray that I would have had the sense to bring a phone with me. Which is why, one day, when I get to build a dream house I will put a phone everywhere! I mean bathrooms, closets, laundry room, you name it there will be a phone. Hey, we are saving lives here.

Weird thought of the day:

Does this happen to anyone else?
I find myself noticing small miracles that occur to me during the day, and then wishing g-d wouldn’t give me those, but bank em and save em up for something really big.

Eg: like when you have a song in your head and you don’t know why, and when you turn on the radio its playing! That’s a mini miracle. Now I could have lived without that. So can’t g-d just save all those little things up and put em all together and like let me win the lottery?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home