Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Paperclips

Tonight I am going to a Yom Hashoa (Holocaust memorial day) program. Now it made think about that movie paperclips. Paperclips
Where the kids collected 6,000,000 paperclips to symbolize those lost in WWII. And then built a whole museum around it at their school in a train car? If you don’t know what I am talking about, rent it, its like 1 hour and change and not too bad.

So I was thinking, why do they even continue to make paperclips?
With the exception of that movie, those kids and that project, I don’t think we need to have any more paperclips in the world.

We just recycle and reuse.
For example, when you get something with a paperclip, generally you take it off. Now keep them and you have a paperclip the next time you need one. Kinda like pay it forward, but with office supplies.

So if do this I think we could save some money and time. But I bet the paperclip people wouldn’t be too happy…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home