Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Fridge Woes

Our fridge broke yesterday.
We have one of those that the freezer is on the bottom, and the top part just stopped working. So first we emptied out everything onto our porch (thank g-d it was Sunday and it wasn't fully stocked yet, just leftovers from the weekend) but then it wasn't so cold. So we took the stuff to our downstairs fridge. Which is smaller, and quite annoying, because it is downstairs.
We couldn't find a repair place open on Sunday, and my Mom works on Monday's so I guess we are looking at Tuesday the earliest, which is not going to be fun since G-Ma be coming in... Luckily, I was invited to the BF's house for din last night and I tonight to Nacho's because of her sister's marriage. So I am all set, and of course my Dad is out of the country. So although with the holiday's looming its not the best timing, its not the worst.

Now for some reason over the past few weeks I have been asked way to many times for it to be a coincidence for my recipe for Caesar salad dressing, so I figured I would just post it. Now I normally don't measure when I cook (bad bad habit) so its really difficult to give recipes out. But I tried the best I could here...

Caesar Dressing (No Cheese)

1 medium white onion (preferably sweet) or 1/2 a large, depending on your onion taste preference
3 + cloves garlic (depending on your preference)
1 can anchovies, drained
Mayonnaise (1 cup probably but I cant be sure)
apple cider vinegar, or white wine vinegar (2 + tablespoons depending on your taste and consistency needs)
mustard powder
paprika
pepper

chop onion and garlic in food processor add anchovies, vinegar and mayonnaise till desired consistency is reached.
Add paprika, mustard powder, and pepper to taste.

Serve over romaine lettuce with or without croutons.

Any questions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home