Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Disbarred already???

I had a sobering experience this morning.
Yesterday I came home to a message from some lady from the Committee on Character and Fitness for New York State Bar. She said there was some problem with my application and I should call back.
So first thing this morning I call. She says I did not answer question 13b, and I could do so verbally over the phone. It was like how many unpaid traffic tickets do I have? So I said none. Then she was like, “did you call me from work?” So I said yes. To which she replied, “You signed the back of your application and had it notarized, which clearly states that this is an ongoing application and you must inform us of all new employment” I was freaking out. I started crying. I told her I would send it out right away, and I was new. I thought I was going to be disbarred before I got barred.
So I printed out the employment affidavit, ran it upstairs, watched as my boss filled it out, had it notarized and mailed it.
I really hope this isn’t a sign, because it scared the crap out of me.

Waiting for my interview date…..

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that totally sucks...sorry babe!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger SusQHB said...

Want me to kick some ass?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home