Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Recent Law Graduate

You know you are a recent law school graduate when…..***

  • You get excited about doing a summons and complaint under VTL 523 because you get to serve the secretary of state.
  • You explain what the RAP (rule against perpetuities) is to someone, comprehend it, and understand why it was created in the first place.
  • When asked the same question that elicited the above response, you can no longer answer it, because the information has since fallen out of your brain, and in turn you now know the number of the character committee by heart.
  • You miss surfing LexisNexis. (and the points, and free stuff)
  • You still use the BarBri travel mug.
  • You call your friend excitedly and state, “Oh my g-d I just lived my own commercial paper essay!”
  • You watch the news, and they mention Iraq, you still do a double take and wonder what Issue, Rule, Analysis and Conclusion has to do with the army?

*** I realize this may not be humorous for all of you, but I am sure you each know someone who will find this funny and explain it to you, so pass it on, share the love :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home