Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

y i luv my job

So I am doing Personal Injury law. Had anyone asked me during law school what kind of law I wanted to do, my response was always the same, “I am not sure, but I know what I don’t want to do, Personal Injury” So I guess it ironic. More ironic is that the class that I had the most trouble with overall, throughout law school was Torts. Ask Sheila and Professor Doernberg. Trust me, I have a mental block towards it, so its kinda funny that right now its what I practice.
I love work for many reasons.
First its close to home. I drive to work and usually it takes about 20 min. Case in point, I forgot to set my alarm and woke up late. Like 1 hr later than normal. And I left about 20 min later than usual. Yet I managed to make it to work on time.
Then when I got to work we had a 20 min discussion about nothing. We discussed death, the plagues, snow and I think cookies.
I like it.
I start at 9 and leave at 5. No evenings, no early, no weekends!
Plus, I was just informed that we may have early dismissal due to the snow.
It doesn’t get much better….

Volleyball update
I played last night the worst I have ever played. But I served better than I ever have. I guess it a trade off. We lost all 3 but had more points per game than ever. The scores were like 12-15 etc. So it was close. I did almost kill the other team with a serve…. But I was tired.
The week before we won all 3 so we aren’t that bad. Next season the BF wants to join, so hopefully we get better.
Cant wait for next weeks game!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home