Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Winter Bar. v. Summer Bar

It amazing the differences between taking a bar in July v February.
Lets start with the weather.
They both have their ups and downs.
In July you don’t have to worry about how you will get to the exam, since its not difficult to travel in the Summer. What must you worry about? Climate control in the testing environment. While in winter, getting to your testing site, or getting home from the exam may pose the biggest hurdle, in summer AC is your biggest concern. Will it work? If so, will it be too cold? Should I bring a sweatshirt? If it doesn’t work, exactly how naked am I willing to get to take this test? Are just some of the things that go through a young soon to be lawyers mind, in addition to the ever popular, “What is the rule against perpetuities, and why do I need to know it?”

Next is population.
February has the least amount of first timers by far. Hence, you have wacky crazy obsessed people, who failed the first however many times and do not want to go through this hell again, and chill mellow “backup bar” people like me, who really couldn’t care less and walk around internally laughing (because if we laughed aloud the crazies would shoot us).

Last is size. And yes, size does matter here. (Ding)
Maybe it was just CT, but I think its universal. That there are significantly less people taking the February bar overall then the summer bar. I took the exam last week with approx 400 other people.
Now this was the ONLY testing site for the February administration of the CT bar. Compare to NY. Where I was #169 out of 1100. Just in my building. There were two other piers housing 1100 other people, and the javits center had about 1000 more not to mention the Pepsi Arena in Albany, which probably held a few more thousand, oh, and did I mention MSG?
See it’s a big difference.

Thankful to NEVER have to take another bar exam, ever again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home