Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Definitions

I once had a friend who used to love to correct people's grammar. He also liked to point out my spelling faults and use big words. During this friendship I signed up for one of those word of the day email things and we would exchange the ones we thought were cute/funny/special etc... Well that friendship is long gone, but alas the emails live on. Mostly because I can not be bothered to open one, scroll down and click on that little "if you wish to unsubscribe, click here" link. [You know what I am talking about] So I thought to share with you some recent email word of the days along with some definitions of every day words that I felt would be useful/interesting:

Word of the Day for Thursday March 23, 2006 paterfamilias \pay-tuhr-fuh-MIL-ee-uhs; pat-uhr-; pah-\, noun; plural patresfamilias \pay-treez-; pat-reez-; pah-treez-\: The male head of a household or the father of a family.


blog Part of Speech: noun. Definition: an online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page; also called Weblog, Web log. Example: Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author. Etymology: shortened form of Weblog. Usage: blog, blogged, blogging v, blogger n.

Venti From the latin word meaning 20. [not large]

Word of the Day for Wednesday March 22, 2006 succor \SUH-kuhr\, noun: 1. Aid; help; assistance; especially, assistance that relieves and delivers from difficulty, want, or distress. 2. The person or thing that brings relief.

Have a great day! Use your words wisely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home