Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ms. Lans ESQ thank you!

Yesterday made it official. I got sworn in NY!!!!
I am now a bonafide Attorney. No more of this "Admission Pending" after every signature line.
Maybe I can go to court now?

So it was held at the appellate division on Brooklyn. Which is a pretty courthouse and a really nice place, no parking but pretty outside.
They told us to be there at 11:45 and the ceremony would begin at 12:30. I would say there were about 50 or so candidates.
We all hung out in the "Lawyers Lounge" where they made some announcements.. my favorite, "don't stand with your knees locked and back straight, just relax, we have had people collapse and it becomes like domminos" so yeah sounds like fun.

They then usher us into the courtroom where our 2 or 3 guests depending on the amount of tickets you were lucky enough to procure. We faced the bench, with our backs to the guests, lovely photo's all of them. The clerk took attendance and congratulated us, made and made an announcement about flashes, which no one apparently understood. Then the Judges (5) came in, [did I mention we said the pledge of allegiance? I thought it was weird] an attorney from the Character and Fitness Committee made a motion for us to be admitted, of course it was granted, or as the presiding judge said, "we would have a revolution" the oath was given and then the head judge spoke to us for like 3 minutes. We stood the whole time.

Then the guests were asked to leave. We were allowed to sit and had to wait until they called our name to sign our name in the book of lawyers. (Pg #331 baby!)
Paid for our scrolls (which take 6-9 months to come!) and were on our merry way. All in all we started out at 10:30 and I was home at 3:00. Not bad.

Then I ran some errands with the G-ma.

The BF and I celebrated, we went out to a nice dinner, and then of course, as all great dates end... went to TARGET!!! It was nice. I got an Alarm Clock which I needed, but I cant really work it and its different than my old one (by different I mean it works and it is technologically up to date) and I miss my old one, but I guess I can deal. I will read the little booklet again.

Tonight the BF and I have our second V-ball game together, lets hope its better than last weeks...

SPIKE 'em BALLS!!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger SusQHB said...

Mazel tov! I'm shepping big time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home