Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Monday, November 06, 2006

My First Days

After less than 4 hours of sleep, which were not useful, since I was up every 20 minutes worried I would sleep through the alarm (which no matter how many times it DOESN’T happen manages to always keep me up), and thinking about things I did and did not pack. I woke up to go to Florida. Now, when I first booked this, it was a vacation for me. Time to get away and just be. Which trust me, after the month I have I had, no one begrudged me. Now seg-way to about 36 hours later and I feel like I have been slowly tortured. And I know it wont be ending.

I am in a catch 22 situation.
I came to spend time with the Grandma 100% for sure. But not ALL my time right? Well then why do I feel guilty telling her I want to be by myself? Plus the time we do spend together is the most frustrating and stressful time. I am not going to come home relaxed and I don’t know what to do about it.
Its not all her fault. I am tired and cranky and not in a good mood, and that does not put her in a good mood. Plus her pool is under construction, yeah no tanning… oh and did I mention this is old people land and she treats me like I am still 10? [that I know I cant change but it can still frustrate me to no end right]

I hope I can figure out how to fix this soon.

Anyway, details of the adventure so far.

I got to the airport, where thankfully no security mishaps occurred to or people standing in line near me. I had one checked in bag and a carry-on.

The flight was uneventful in a good way. No movie (I took AA) I was sitting in a window seat ( to Florida is really doesn’t matter to me) But I realized that I had split up a family (well not me, but you know what I mean so I offered to switch with the Dad (he was only two rows back, and an Aisle! Score!) and they were most grateful. I was then in a aisle with a nice Italian Couple and their little baby. He was adorable and well behaved the entire way. It is still up for debate in my mind if this was a couple, or simply two women traveling together. They had matching engagement rings and wedding bands, and the kid seemed equally comfortable with both of them. But one held him the whole time and the other had her Ipod on. And nothing lovey doevy occurred at all.. (Sorry guys)

We landed early! Shocker. And the airport wasn’t ready for us. Whatever that means, I mean didn’t the big white thing falling out of the sky and taxing down the runway give you a clue? It was so bad the pilot opened a window and yelled to someone on the ground to get us a gate agent so we could de-plane.

So we ended up out of the plane on time. Which is fine. Got the bags and got my car. The perks of being 25+! Its nice, but so much different than my Athena. I am getting used to him though. Yeah, its totally a guy car...

Got to grannys, upacked and then the real fun began.
We went to WALMART! Woo hoo!!!!
Then home to a nice din din and veg in front of the TV. I was wiped and went to bed at 9 and woke up at 8. And I could have slept longer but I felt bad. My bed is the pull-out couch in the living room and my g-ma was holed up in her room since to get to the kitchen you had to walk through “my room”.

We ate breakfast and then I went for a run, in 80 degree weather. I can not wait to run outside in short sleeves again tomorrow. I went looking for a beach today or boardwalk but none to be found.

Then we packed a lunch and headed out to the MALL!!! Yeah, not a fun trip. But we didn’t manage to find her a pair of shoes for the wedding, which was part of my mission here anyway. (I even snagged a pair for myself as a reward, cute little ballet flats with leopard print)

Then my grandma took me out to dinner. It was nice.

And I finally couldn’t take it anymore, so I hightailed it to the starbucks down the block, and paid for internet, so I could feel like a person.

I hope it was worth it.

No telling when I will get this opportunity again, but please comment and read, it makes me feel good.

Miss ya, but love the weather!

2 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is better then sitting in Civ Pro at 8pm on a monday night listing to a class on arbitration!
Enjoy the sun and go find some sand!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger SusQHB said...

Would it have killed you to take me as a carry-on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home