Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

BREAKING NEWS!!!*

Great news. Now if they would only bring back those awesome soft chocolatechip cookies from about 10 years ago....

Duncan Hines Reverts Back to PareveCherry Hill, NJ...More than a year after it added dairy ingredients toits OU certified line of cake mixes, Pinnacle Foods is moving back toPareve. Although KosherToday was not able to verify the report, asource told KosherToday that the move had already been made and thatan announcement by the company is imminent. KosherToday will, ofcourse, update the story in a future edition. Pinnacle Foods' decisionlast year to go dairy caused an outcry from many kosher consumers whoused the cake mixes for dairy, meat, and pareve meals. It was alsocriticized by many of the 56 million Americans who are lactoseintolerant. A similar decision by Stella Dora of Nabisco several yearsago was greeted by a large outcry by consumers, which caused thecompany to reverse the decision. Duncan Hines was owned by Procter andGamble for many years but when it experienced difficulty was sold toPinnacle Foods, based in Cherry Hill, NJ, which also acquired suchwell-known kosher brands as Lender's Bagels.

How sad that this is breaking news to me?

* Thanks DD for the entire context of my post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home