Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

QUAD

I had an EBT to do today. Now for those of you not well versed in legalese, that’s Examination Before Trial, or Deposition.
Basically the attorneys get to ask the parties questions, under oath before a trial. It’s a fact finding and discovery tool.

I was really nervous for this one because it was going to be difficult since this guy was denying he was even involved and of course my client says he was.

Now it’s a car accident. His truck rear-ended my client’s mini van.
It’s the kind of truck with a tailgate.

Now, there came a whole discussion about the tailgate because it was big issue. At one point he says, “ I took off the tailgate to put in my Quad” Now I had no idea what that was, and to clarify for myself and the record I asked, “What is a Quad?”

The whole room burst out laughing.

Now, I know a quad in several contexts:
-the thigh muscle
-number 4
-and a variation, a group of four men sent to kill people by a dark wizard in the set of books Ray’s roommate [soon to be X-roommate, sorry ;-(], D got me into [See for yourself, they are AMAZING!]

Now something that can go in the back of a truck? Not one of my definitions.

Turns out it’s some kind of off-road 4 wheel vehicle.

Did anyone else know this? Or am I just the loser I think I am?

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why'd you stop posting! Get to it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home