Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Friday, October 06, 2006

2/3 Aint bad*

We played our second game of the season last night.
Last week. Obviously was game 1.
We won 1/3 last week and should have beat them but we had a lot of subs and our rhythm/team work was off. [not that we are actually that good, but it’s a better reason than plain old we suck]

Now we were as full a team as we could hope for this season. We won 2/3. Not bad. But the last game just got away from us. For no good reason.
I know I had a mental block. I kept counting seven people on the court for the other team (max in our league is 6) and shouting out, “How come they have seven?” The ref even stopped and looked at me… Apparently there were only six of them. Not a good start.
I wasn’t the worst ever. But being mentally out of it is worse I think that just having an off night in volleyball.

See having an off night can be remedied by practicing. Saying you are mentally off... doesn’t bode well for you.

In other news: I spent my day at the copy machine, hence the short post.

Have a great weekend, enjoy the holiday!!!

** special prize for the commenter who can name title and artist - spelling is not correct!

6 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meat Loaf: Two Out Of Three Aint Bad

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Lans said...

You win!!!!

When and how would you like to claim your prize?

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It all depends what the prize is.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Lans said...

Duh-- it has to do with meatloaf!

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm open to suggestions.

Ski trip 2006/2007?

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can honestly say I'm happy I didn't have even the foggiest idea of what the answer might have been.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home