Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

3.141459*

(*Memory may not be so clear)

Creepy Sleazy Bar Guy: “Do you know Pi to five places?”
Helen: “No, I’m sorry I only know it to four” (walks away)

Apparently this exchange actually happened to a fellow Spiked Puncher.
Why do I know this?
Well after an AMAZING 3-0 blow out, where we came back in #3 from being down 3-11 to kick some Strange Brew butt of course we had to celebrate. Plus my teammates all being beer aficionados decided they must school me on fine beers of the world. Mind you I am not a beer person. But it was on the way to my car and they offered to walk me to my car after. So I went for a bit.
They ordered me a Guinness-I don’t like it. I took a sip of Bass Ale and I like that better, but apparently the group decided I was to try New Castle next. If any of you can shed any light on this so I don’t feel like such a loser that would be great!

So we were conversing and the subject of school fight songs came up. Once again something I have no idea about. So I got serenaded (if one can call it that) by the Michigan fight song, “Hail to the something… “ and the MIT fight song, something about eager beavers (BC-Keep your mind on TAXES!) and sin, cos, tangent… and PI!!!!

So Helen regaled us with the tale of the PI pick up line and we laughed and actually discussed PI for about 10 min. Not sure what is worse, a discussion about PI for 10 minutes or Birds for 20? (See Ray for more elaboration but that was some good times)

And that was when I decided, only 1/3 of the way into the Beer it was time to go. So I gave it to Helen in honor of the pick up line and got walked to my car by the men of the group.

So, do not use the PI pick up line… tried, tested and it Fails.

But do offer to bake some Pie :-) (I don’t like apple if you are wondering)

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A conversations about birds should not last more than 2.4 minutes. if its more than that, there must be a good reason. for example, goign to see an exhibit of birds, goign to a rainforest and commenting on the tropical birds, etc. etc. but in general, birds is not a proper topic of conversation. and since i'm the queen of all things proper...

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Lans said...

So the story goes...
One Friday night, in that place in the City where 'they' all live, I was staying with my cousins.

We were having din and there were a good bunch of us. Twas a little bit warm so we opened the door and the windows to get a cross breeze.

Well the windows had no screens...
And I made a comment about a bird flying through the window or bees and a discussion ensued about birds and pigeons etc..

Anyway, I saw a light flicker and thought it was one of the aforementioned birds, screamed, jumped up and the person across from me freaked out and the table fell and I bit my tongue.

Monday, I was telling Ray how my tongue hurt me.
She said, "Why, did you do something"
So I said, " Well Friday night while we were talking about birds..."
To which she replied, "You had a discussion about birds that lasted more than 2.4 minutes? What the heck did you talk about?"

And the funny moment was born.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home