Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

11:00pm Rule

I move to institute the 11:00pm rule.
Background-
Back in my undergrad days I had a friend (may he rest in peace) who had the 2:00am rule. The rule basically stated that anything one said after 2:00am did'nt count.
In special situations (and with Lou,Josh and Tree Boy there were a lot of those) the rule was pushed up to Midnight. So anything said after midnight did'nt count.
It was great.

Last night Date Boy called at 11:00pm. He was returning my phone call which was sweet. But I was exhausted and trying to finish up my post so I could get some sleep. Training and losing 3 volleyball games will exhaust a person. (New black and blue mark has developed in my sleep)
We spoke for like an hour. Mostly with me doing the, "Oh wow, Yeah, and then what?". However at some point I realized that was'nt right so I tried to talk and we ended up getting into some heavy stuff about Israel, politics, religion. Not good second conversation speak, let alone at 11 something in the evening.

So I ended the convo and not too subtly. He was waiting for my opinion on something, and I can't remember what exactly, when I said, "You know it's late, and this is deep, I want to gather my thoughts properlly and sleep on this". I know it was'nt the best move but I was seriously using my hands to keep my eyes open.

He agreed that this was heavy, but he liked that I had my own opinions and said it's really proper conevrsation for a Saturday afternoon. That threw me off guard. Was this an allusion to spending a weekend/shabbat together in the future? Am I reading too much into this as most women do? He did say he was really looking forward to Saturday night. I guess all I do is wait...

Hating and loving the waiting game at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home