Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Weekend Re-cap

Since we last spoke a lot has happened... (well a lot for me)
I had a meeting Friday with an attorney who works in my uncle's company. I had no idea what my uncle did for a living until now. His office is on Water street in NYC and the office has an amazing view! So there was no job for me there (its small) but she knew a lot of people so she offered to network for me and wanted to meet me first. I thought it was a productive meeting.

Later Friday afternoon date boy called me. It has been over a week since our last communication, so I was skeptical. Especially since at shul (for those of other religions shul is Jewish slang for Temple/synagogue) I saw his aunt (my old neighbor) and thanked her and told her I didn't think he was interested since he didn't call. The call made me think she forced him to. He was nice. Asked me out for Sunday night, and although I had plans with Nacho, I figured a date is a good reason for a rain check.

Although we went out once, and not for that long, for some reason I really like him. Not in an obsessive way, but in a hey I want to get to know him better way and I have not been on a date that makes me feel that way in a long time, lets not screw this up way.

Sat night I had plans to see a movie and get food with the Bean Counter. He was to pick me up at 9:30. Around 8:30 Adam calls me to ask what I am doing. Thank g-d I had plans, bc even if I didn't I would lie. Who calls on sat night for plans? (other than girl friends?) I do want to get together with him, but not out of desperation. We saw Two for the money and had bagels, of which I had 2! So I think I proved myself Mr.! On the way to the movies, Date boy called to say his bro needed the car and he couldn't come on Sunday can we reschedule? So we did for next Saturday night. We had a nice conversation, and he suggested a movie for next sat night, which is odd for a second date for me, but I can go with the flow. I never made it to PM's friend Josh's band thing, and I guess I wasn't missed because I got no flack for it.

Now flashback a few days. A.A. and I have stopped emailing, but a while ago he gave me his screen name, which is still unused by me. I am totally over any type of relationship with him beyond friend. The question is do I IM him first? Please advise.

Now its Sunday and I drag myself out of bed to go the gym and pray all animals are in their correct and designated natural locations.
Everything is all good at the gym. I spend part of my day car shopping with the bro's which does not end in WWIII so that's good.
Then I take grandma to buy suits, always an adventure. I accidentally find a suit for myself, but its a steal at $42!
I hang out with nacho and get a chicken waved in my face.
finally this evening I cave and IM the aussie. Its nothing special and I am getting tired of working for this friendship so I think the next move is his.

I hope I have no weird dreams, bc Nacho seems to be doing that enough for the both of us.

Does it smell like chicken?
Gnight :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home