Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Dumping Billy

If you have not yet read the book, then stop reading now because I may ruin this for you.

I just finished it this afternoon. It wasn't bad, Typical Chit Lit. But I didn't really like it. For once all the holes in it scare me.
Like why would he be climbing up the vines to the terrace? Did he forgive her? What the hell was that about?
Second, it's not even remotely close to something that could be described as urban dating myth. I mean a guy who people date and when he dumps them they get proposed to? Except for the main character? C'mon!
What's worse is I read an article in the bible (Glamour) that said that movies were actually good for you. That when we watch a movie and compare it to our lives we realize things about ourselves. So I guess wanting the fairy tale isn't that bad...

After Dumping Billy, I started The Mermaid Chair. The Secret Life of Bess was ok, so I figure why not. I can't feel any worse than I do now...

Still waiting for date boy to call and searching for a Monday night meal on the UWS for the second days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home