Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Dating UN-GAME

So Single people date. Apparently that’s what we are supposed to do.
Well I am not a fan.

Games are supposed to be fun. There are rules, and at then end, clear winners and losers.
Dating… not so much.
Not fun (it’s really nerve racking and frankly exhausting) that’s not to say there are no fun dates, but actual dating is far from fun.

There are no rules. And as soon as you think they are, you learn that there are NO RULES!!! Don’t even try. There aren’t any. It will just give you a headache.

Call the other person if and when you want to; speak how ever long you want to, about whatever topics you want. Where what ever you feel like, and say what’s on your mind. It doesn’t matter! Because no matter what, in the end, there are no winners and no losers!

It is the UN-GAME and I don’t want to play!

Yeah I have been spoiled. I dated one of my closest friends for a year. So that’s not real dating. None of that weird first 5 date angst. It was just a relationship, which lets face it, is why people date. To be with someone.

Before that, I was in fantasy land with a friend who never had any intention of dating me, and I hurt myself. [Look, Mom, I figured it all out without therapy!] before that bad dates, and of course Nancy. Another ‘friend’ who I dated. See, I just don’t know how to date. [lets not even get into the flirting thing]

I do not think there is actually a human on earth who likes the first two dates.
But you go through them, it’s a rite of passage.

Have I not endured enough first dates? Must I continue?

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's time to move to the UWS.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Lans said...

Somehow I dont think that is the answer...[unless you have someone to set me up with ;-)]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home