Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Tradition

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!
I Have much to be thankful for and I will be getting to it later.

Since this is a relatively new blog, there are very few traditions that it has. However last Thanksgiving, (you may have to scroll a little) I put up my whole menu and pictures. So I will do the same this year. The pictures my be a little late since I am having some technical difficulties with my camera, but you can still read what I am making..

Its also a much smaller crowd this year. Only 11! That’s like 1/3 of what we normal have… but that didn’t stop us!

Thanksgiving 2006:
Turkey, with stuffin. [DUH!]
Brisket
Chicken cutlets in a cranberry wine sauce (AKA Chicken Ruby)
Rice with green herbs, beans and of course meat chunks. (Its Persian but very tasty)
[Chicken pot pie, we are still debating this]
Acorn Squash- Sugar and Spice
Salad
Roasted root vegetables [Parsnip, turnip, carrots, mushrooms and Brussel sprouts]
Red cabbage and apple salad
Sweet potatoes and Fluff!!!!
Cranberry Sauce (from the can)
Fresh cranberry relish.
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Crumble (Served warm)
Fruit

I think as usual no one will go Hungry this year.

Thankful
Now I had to get his out… I am truly thankful this year for so much.
Of course my health and that of my family.
But then there are friends. Friends who I speak to often, see often, and those who I don’t. I had chaquita night last night and it just re-affirmed my faith in my friends, both those I see often and those I don’t.
So I am thankful for my chaquitas and my wood hood, and everyone else in between!

Happy thanksgiving, and don’t be shy to loosen that belt buckle :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home