Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Friday, October 21, 2005

What is it about the Rain?

What about the Rain makes people stupid? Why is it that when it rains, even a little bit, or there is a chance of rain, people suddenly forget how to drive?

Yes, I was in a slight car accident today. I was leaving a parking lot making a left and this old lady just hit me. It startled me so much I actually stopped in the middle of the intersection and actually asked out loud, "Did she really just hit me?". B"h my car is drivable. My gas tank does open. My hub cap is gross and there is a huge big scratch but my baby lives. [I did ruin my manicure, but I guess its the price we pay]--> Cmon laugh, it was funny.

This lady should not have been driving. a) she was old, b) she had the biggest glasses on I ever saw, c) she has a cane, d) I don't think she even saw over the steering wheel, e) she had a handicap sticker!

So I park my car at the corner, illegally and go look for her. She stops in the bagel store parking lot,thereby insuring that everyone sees me and asks me questions... I cross over because I don't want her leaving the scene. When I approach her and ask her if she is ok she says, "No, someone hit my bumper and drove away" I'm like, "No you hit me, and I am here". So she says, "I had the green light" I reply, "We both did, that's how a street works". Do you see what I am talking about?

My brother is a fireman and has drilled into me not to call 911 unless it's really an emergency. I asked if she was ok and needed an ambulance, she said no. So I saw a cop walk into the dry cleaner. I go up to him and say, "Sir (Cop#1), I know you are probably off duty, but I got into a car accident and didn't want to call 911, do you know the number I can call." He asks me exactly where it happened. I point it out, and he tells me,"Well you are on the boarder between Nassau County and The Estates so I am not sure who to call, I will research" Already this is fun.

A cop comes (#2), he's nice. I show this one where the accident was and he thinks it the Estates, but wants to make sure. This other cop is coming to drop off his dry cleaning too (must be some kind of cop holiday) and they confer (#3) he says, the estates. Cop #2 calls for the Estates cop to come. We chat a little, and I learn that Cop #1 is the 2nd in command of all of Nassau County, I guess I know how to pick em. Finally cop #4 comes, from the Estates. And of course it's the old guy who sits on Bayview and nails you for going 32 in a 30. So I smile and hope for the best.

He does his thing and tells me to give him a couple of hours to get the report, but to call my insurance co. I ask him who's fault it was and he says,"Ma'am that's for the insurance co to decide, it was an accident and luckily no one got hurt, but your two stories match" because I was going to concoct some kind of story where my car magically spins around and drives so that the back of it can hit the front of her car? I envision the old lady magically acquiring whiplash.

The front driver side of her car is pretty bad, but she is ok. The whole time she is telling the cops its my fault. Explain to me, how her front hits the back of my car and it's my fault???

Back to the rain, so Hurricane Wilma. (By the way the fact that we are on W scares me) Its hitting Florida. And they are crazy down there. My cousins with their two kids flew up today last minute because they were afraid. And my grandmother is going nuts. They locked her storm windows and her apt is pitch Black, and all she does is watch CNN and the weather channel. Heck, if I did that I'd think rain meant the end of the world too.

I'm just going to sit still and try to not let things happen to me for the next 24 hours. Let the karma go to someone else, I am done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home