Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I heart pathmark

So I had to finish the ski prep alone. I decided to go to pathmark, even though its farther away I decided the savings would be worth it. And boy was I right!! It's amazing. I loved it. I looked through the circular, went up and down every aisle. I called my mom at work to tell her we should shop there more often. Now I can not vouch for all pathmark's but rather the one I went to in New Hyde Park.
The only problem is that all the pathmark brand foods have an OV and not an OU. What the heck is an OV?
I even got the pathmark advantage card. Super savings!!!

Then the problems started. I went to the self check out. Now I have done this before at stop and shop and I like it. I checked to make sure it was working and that I could use a credit card all good. I failed to see the 12 items or less sign (yes yes, I know it should be 12 items or fewer, but I don't make the signs, and I kinda like that it pisses Shippy off). So I had a problem. Apparently the way it works is based on weight, so you scan the item and put it in the bag, which is on this scale. And if you don't it makes an annoying sound saying, "please place the item in the bag" and if you don't, you cant scan the next item. So I had more than 12 and was trying to maneuver, when the cashier lady came to help. I told her it was my first time, and I was sorry I didn't see the 12 sign, she said its ok and told me to take a bag off and she would override it from her computer. Then she switched with another cashier lady, who yelled at me for taking the bag off. I told her the other lady told me to take it off and she went off on me. Thank g-d the lady next to me vouched for me. It was sad, you would think passing the bar I would be able to check out of pathmark, but apparently it is a different skill set.

Besides this little mishap, I managed to get almost everything on the list so I was happy and it was pretty cheap too. I can't wait to go back.

2 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more I read your blog I realize that it has a Sex and the City feel to it. Wasnt there an episode entitled "I Heart New York"?

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Lans said...

I stole it from I heart Huckabees. Plus I dont know how to make the heart icon appear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home