Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Friday, December 30, 2005

New York, Chicago and Back Again

Another great date, not best date ever status, but for sure up there on a hypothetical list I have no made or contemplated.
The BF took me to Chicago City Limits, an improv comedy club. Now, not being a sketch comedy fan, I went with an open mind.
First we trained it from me. I have the best LIRR line ever! And walked the 20 or so blocks to the club, which had I not been in heels, I probably would have enjoyed much more, but it was nice. Good weather.
We get there and jockey around for seats, since the set up is kinda odd. Then it becomes little kid night. I am not a dirty joke or swear word kinda girl, but I enjoy the adult humor once in a while, and if we be talking about sponge bob and whoever else the whole night, I want my money back. So the BF goes and asks, and the say,"we wont' ET it up just because there are kids here" and they don't. Besides the fact I was spending time with you know who, I had a good time.
One of the sketches, they made songs about people in the audience. In order to do this, they asked them some questions. So one couple were Mark and Evelyn. They were both lawyers. So after the show I head on over and chat them up. Yes I really did. Turns out they are from Connecticut. So I inform them of my intention to take the CT bar in Feb. And he gives me his card and tells me to give him a call. So I be calling him this week. Who knows? Can you imagine if I get a job from going up to random people in a comedy club? That story could last a lifetime!

After the show, I can't decide if I am hungry or not. So we walk back to Penn Station, via time square. While walking we decide to be "tourists" So we stop into the Hershey store and take some pics. Then walk to Toys R US, but its closed. And finally go to see the View at the Marriott Marquis. Which was a huge deal, since its on the 49th floor and the BF not a huge fan of the heights.
On the way I see this older gentleman wearing these glasses that say 2006 in glitter. And I point them out. Then two seconds later I see this women wearing them. Thinking they must be giving these out somewhere, the BF asks where they got them from, and a conversation arises. Turns out they are a group of 6 older people from CA visiting NY for a few days. We chat and one of the guys asks if I have a sister, "because you are cute, and I would convert for you". This made my whole night. It was so sweet. Alas, I have no sisters, but that didn't stop me from pimping out the BF's sister ;-).
After all this walking and talking I was hungry. So we went to "The best Schwarma ever" Where I got a chicken sandwich and the BF had his favorite.
Then it was back to the train and eventually sleepy time.
What a journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home