Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Pandora's Box

I have discovered that Pandora's box is turquoise with white ribbon. Why does a gift from this little shop reek havoc on the lives of those near it?

A few weeks ago, my other brother and I purchased a little trinket from the store for Kimmy. It was a congratulations for doing amazing on the DAT'S, getting into dental school, turning 21 and pretty much putting up with us for 3 years. She liked it. Or rather she acted liked she liked really really well.

Next, last night the first night of Chanukah my family exchanged some gifts, well the family on this side of the Atlantic. My brothers, got my mom a trinket from this same store. Now, I didn't care that they got it for her, I had purchased my own gift, which she loved as well. It was how much more she showed that she liked their gift that bothered me.

Lastly, the BF's parents, also purchased a trinket for me from said store. Now, it was very thoughtful for them to get me anything at all, but this was unexpected and unnecessary. And now it's a weird kind of feeling.

Why can't the givers rejoice in the feeling and the receivers delight in receiving. Why must the little pandora's box rule all? Its just cardboard and ribbon, does it really matter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home