Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

movin day

Tonight I helped Marylou move. Now this was supposed to take like an hour, maybe an hour and half. But as usual with us, nothing goes as planed. It didn't help that I was sick, not getting healthier.
She picked me up a little after 3 and we set off to the heights of Washington. Made record time, unloaded and she even found a spot really quickly. We got all the stuff to her floor, and even some of it into the apt. Then it happened.... She locked the keys inside. So we tried to find the super. That didn't work. Tried to find a spare key, that didn't work. Called the roomie, she said she would be back by 6 ish. Tried to pick the lock, and neither of us knew how, and we didn't have bobby pins. Tried to use hangers, not good, twisty ties don't work either. I started to call everyone I know in the heights, but damn people have jobs...
I was getting sicker. The hallway was cold and we were getting crazy. We passed the time by playing 20 questions, GHOST and other assorted games.
At one point the BF offered to pick me up, but I felt bad. He just started a new job and I didn't want to make him do that, but Marylou decided he is the best BF ever, and I tend to agree. Finally we reached the roommate and she said she was like 5 min away.
We got into the apt, unloaded and were soon on our way.
It happens to be a really nice apt. In short I didn't get home till 9. What was supposed to be a 2 hour journey, turned into 6.

Yes, always an adventure with me...

1 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Lans said...

Ha, I was actually going to ask you to call Ilan or one of his men to help me. I figured they could do it.... or another Hatzolah member :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home