Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Randomness

Josh’s Brothers Away Message:

Actual con law analysis:
d: i have to redo commerce clause
m: whats wrong with your commerce clause?
d: it wasn't signed
m: was it ratified?
d: i believe it was
m: so whats the problem?
d: but then the 10th amendment made it invalid
m: what if its valid under section 5 of the 14th amendment as a means to exercise equal protection?
d: then i think it's ok unless it discriminates against out of staters
m: and the 11th amendments take on that?
d: well then there's a test rational basis v. strict scrutiny
m: what about the 2nd amendment... does that play a role?
m: the right to arm bears
d: yeah, cuz then you can shoot down the commerce clause
m: the bears can... we cant

Now if anything I discussed about Con law was this interesting (drunk, high or sober) maybe today I would know the difference between the 5th and 14th amendments as they relate to anything…

Studio 60
LOVE IT!
I have loved it since the Pilot. I am so glad it got picked up. But for some reason I think last nights episode was stellar. Probably the best yet. [STOP READING if you didn’t watch last night and want to]

It helps that everything I have been wanting to happen has happened. O.K. not everything. I am so into Danny and Jordan, I was from day one. I am over the Matt and Harriet thing, but it makes for good TV, besides who doesn’t love Mathew Perry?

The writing, as is to be expected is amazing. Smart, funny and witty. The characters are really developing. You know it’s a good show, when at the end of the hour, you are left saying, “I wish there was more.”
There is not one character who’s plot or story line I would not LOVE to see expanded on. Dare I say should be… Nevada day was great for Tom, Simon et al. Plus love the promotion of (Shelly? I forget) to assistant. Maybe the only character that either needs to be kept in the woodwork or seriously worked on is Cal. I mean I know Tim directs a little, and I am always channeling Danny when I see him. But it’s just not doing it for me…

Anyway, simply loved it!

Favorite Quote:

[Jordan, sandwich in hand, cheeks balooning with food, stops chewing and looks at Danny.]
Danny: I've been married twice before and I'm a recovering cocaine addict, and I know that's no womans dream of a man - or of a father. Nonetheless I believe I'm falling in love with you. If you wanna run I understand. But you better get a good head start, 'cause I'm coming for you, Jordan.
[Jordan wide-eyed, mouth still full of food, totally speachless.]
Danny: You should go ahead and chew that sandwich.
[Turns and walks out.]

A girl can dream can't she?

Weird Dream
Yeah I had a weird dream last night. I was sick so I didn’t even eat since lunch or take any medicine. So it couldn’t have been that. Musta just been my mind truly at work.

So I had a dream that there was this hallway in a building where I had an “office” for my blog and so did fellow blogger Dan, and random guy Ross. SO yeah that was weird. But we were all talking and then the conversation ended, I went back to my “office” around a corner and saw that Dan had snuck back out to speak to Ross. It was odd. Then the next thing I know, I am in my favorite pizza place about to leave when I see a car speed down the block, lights flashing (Hocker Hatzalah) and make a really sharp U-turn and park in front of the store. Who gets out? None other than Nancy with his bright yellow vest and mandatory walkie-talkie.. so needles to say I stay put in the pizza shop.
Yeah I have no idea what this dream was about…

Its our second to last game of the regular season and I pumped! I hope we win.. b/c seriously we are a rockin. Here are the stats:

Standings
Team Name Wins Losses Percent
SPIKED PUNCH 18 6 .750
SPIKED RED KOOL-AID 18 6 .750
NET "D" 17 7 .708
AXP 15 9 .625
JUST GET IT OVER 13 11 .542
STRANGE BREW 6 18 .250
VOLLEY GIRLS 6 18 .250
MKDA 3 21 .125


How exciting? Tonight we play Just get it over, its still anyones game, so we need to Bring it!
GO SPIKED PUNCH!

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll refrain from saying Studio 60 sucks, but I just can't see how anyone can say it's "amazing" - especially when there are sooooo many better shows out there right now.

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was my favorite line from yesterday's episode!!! we must be friends for skatey-eight years or something to have so much in common. luv, marylou

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was my favorite line from last nite too! we must be friends for skatey-eight years or something to have so much in common. luv, marylou

 

Post a Comment

<< Home