Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

911 Please Hold...

I was upstairs talking to Arlene.(She’s the paralegal/secretary) chillin out passing time..
BOOM!
We run to the window to see if someone hit our cars. No hit.
So then we run to the front. And all we hear is this horn….

It was a HUGE accident. (well not like someone died or a car blew up, but I thought it was) but still bad..
So I ran and called 911, which was drama in and of itself. See Arlene’s phone is the closest, but her #1 doesn’t work. So 911 was out. Then my boss’s office. He has two phones. The first one, the battery was dead. So by my third attempt I got it.

Now my office is in a residential area. And it’s the most interesting corner. It is a cross section of 5 streets. So its really hard to dive through.

So there were two cars in this accident.
1 little blue thing, which was so dented I could not tell what it was and #2 a Buick SUV thing.
I know the Buick’s airbag deployed but not sure about blue car.
So As I call 911 Arlene goes out to see what’s going on.
Buick driver is an older woman. She is conscious and seems ok. Cant get out of car but no blood or pain that she sees or feels.

Driver #2 is a different story. When I get there she is on he grass twitching and barely breathing. We are trying to get her to talk and say her name and stuff but its not working. (there are a few other people around) Arlene has the woman’s phone and is talking to someone but they cant hear her bc of the horn. It was stuck beeping from the accident and the car was leaking stuff so no one wanted to go near it.
So I take the phone and go across the street to speak to who ever it is. They hung up or got disconnected. So I scroll through to try and see who to call. There is no ICE person [NOTE: Everyone should have an ICE- In Case of Emergency number on their phone installed as ICE for things like this]
So I find one that says BRO. I call. Its her brother. He asks if his nephew was in the car. I say no. And then he asks a bunch more questions and hangs up.
During this I think I get her name. Which we wanted so we can call to her and try and get her speaking.

I later learn from Arlene who was with her alone for as few minutes before the bystanders come, that she tumbled out of her car and was like twitching and her eyes were going to the back of her head. So glad I did not witness that!

The cops/fire/ambulance come.
They give the woman on the ground oxygen and get her on a backboard and stretcher and put her in the ambulance.

Meanwhile, the older woman is still in her car. They cover her with some kind of sheet and BLAST OPEN THE DRIVER SIDE DOOR, WHILE SHE WAS STILL THERE!!!
They take acre of her while she is in the car. Neck brace, clean some cuts etc.. and eventually she goes on a backboard and stretcher in another ambulance.

So now we are watching them deal with the honking horn/leaking car.

Oh they also closed the streets. So all of a sudden this car comes barreling down the street, right at Arlene’s back and this cop is sticking his hands up motioning to slow down. This woman leaps out of her car, I am surprised she put it into park, because she didn’t turn it off. The cops are yelling at her and the whole time she is screaming, “That’s my daughter!!!” So they calm her down barely and explain she is in the ambulance.

At this point there is nothing really to see so Arlene and I attempt to cross the street without getting hit ourselves.

I watch the clean up.
Its interesting. This is kind of what my brother does.

What a way to turn a boring day interesting. No?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home