Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

#8227

I ran my first official race. [8227 was the cool number I got to pin to my shirt!] It was 5 miles. The Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff. It was so cool. It was in central park. I got a t-shirt and a medal and an apple! It was way harder than I had anticipated, there are some mad hills in the park.

I met Cara and her friend and we walked across the park together and hung out by the band and waited for the start. The way they calculate your time is really cool. We all have a chip that attaches to our shoes and when you run across the start line it records the time and then again at the finish. My unofficial time was 5 miles in 55 min. I will post my official time when the Road Runner web site puts it up.

Every mile mark or so there is a water table. I have learned that I am incapable of drinking and running at the same time, but apparently very few people are. I also can not manage to get the cup into the trash can, but I am once again not alone in this aspect.

No I did not P on myself (Dov) I managed to hold it in for the whole time. Apparently people who are hard core and do like the marathon don't stop for bathroom breaks. I did not have this problem.

After the race we got water, a medal and an apple and then went for breakfast. Bagels and coffee. I had a really great time and cant wait for the next one.

The announcer when we were coming to the finish line said, "Clap for them people, they ran 5 miles and you sat on your ass!" Hell Ya!

Laguna Beach
So I am obsessed with Laguna beach the MTV "reality" show. Last week's episode was graduation. And they had this montage of everyone getting their graduation gifts from the parents. And one girl gets a trip to Spain. Now I got a trip to Spain, which I paid for after I graduated Law school and sat through Hell, I meant the bar. Something is not Right her...

SUPERMAN
My friend from Thursday night amazes me more and more with each day. Last night he went out with the "friend" again. Somehow they had free tickets to a movie, so they went. Once again he didn't pay. Then they went for like pizza or something cheap like that. And they discussed "world peace" deep into the night/morning. I have no idea how he does it, but I hope he keeps it up, because it definitely makes my life more interesting to hear about. So I have affectionately dubbed him SUPERMAN. Which I think is very Apropos.
Can't wait to hear about the next adventure.

Time to clean up the room and take a much needed nap, 5 miles really wipes you out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home