Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

TURKEY DAY!

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays at my house. My Mom's whole family comes over. And since most of them are married with kids its really fun.
This year its my "Aunt and Uncle" [my mom is an only child, but her cousins that grew up with her like brothers, I call uncle...] with their three kids. And each of them has kids. The oldest has 3 kids, 2 girls and a boy. The middle has two boys and the youngest one boy. So that's 4 boys and 2 girls all under the age of 7. Plus my other assorted cousins and relatives. Its about 20-30 people. We really never know who will show up. But some things are a given. My "Aunt" will always send flowers. My cousin Julia will come late. The food will plentiful, and no one will go hungry. Not even my vegetarian cousin.

This year's menu is: (In no particular order)
Sweet and spicy nuts (for the early birds)
Turkey with stuffing (my favorite)
Cranberry sauce (must be from a can or my "unlce" won't touch it)
Sweet potatos with fluff (we fight every year who gets to spread the fluff)
London Broil
Brisket
Beef and Cabbage (it's hungarian, and my favorite, tastes better than it sounds)
Chicken Scampi
Pesto Chicken
Caulifower bake
Roasted String beans
Apple Cranberry Torte
Zuchini with sundried tomatoes
Salsa Salad
Cabbage Salad
Chick pea salad
Carrot Soufle
Wild rice with cranberries
Tomato Rice
Corn bread
(I am sure I am missing something)

Dessert: (if you can still eat)
Fruit
Blondies
Brownies
White choc chip pie (this was my birthday pie, its yummy becuase we make it in oreo crust)
Hot apple cobbler
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
(And every year even though we tell her not to, my "Aunt" brings pumpkin bread)
Chocolate/candies
Nuts again

I write now, becuase at the end of this whole affair I am lucky I can make it into the correct bed. But I really have a blast.

Before I go, things I am thankful for, other than the obvious, health and family.
*Passing the NY bar
*Me coming to my senses re: BC
*Amazing friends!!!
*Grey's Anatomy
*Shoe sales :-)

What are you thankful for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home