Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

SUPER DUPER BLOG ENTRY*

Yeah, its been a while, and boy have things been happening.
So lets take em one by one…

FRIDAY JUNE 30
Got out of work early. Which was really nice. Nothing else special to recall.

SATURDAY JULY 1
Went to see the Devil Wears Prada with Nacho, Shan, and the BF. Loved the movie. Still debating if it was better than the book or not. Props to the man for joining three women in the chick flick and scoring some of us free tkts. Or should I thank slick deals?

SUNDAY JULY 2
Morning was basically spent during errands. Then we had a BBQ and the BF and I watched the Yankees KILL the Mets at Yankee Stadium. It was a great game. Brings new meaning to the slogan,” No lead is safe with the Mets”
The fun times did not stop with the professionals on the field, no no.
First the game was rain delayed. Then when it finally started we learned that we were in the middle of quite a rowdy bunch of people. We saw some “police brutality” as they broke up a fight really close. Then the women in front of us kept yelling at people to sit down because they were blocking her view. The Guy behind us to the right was annoyed at her yelling, and the man to our left and behind us was drunk and just overall interesting to watch. But even better was that we learned he is a Tax Attorney at KPMG. So of course I got his # and I hope to call him today. [In this situation getting a mans # is acceptable for many reasons, 1) the BF was there and approved, 2) The man is married 3) its for a job, and 4) he is nasty, ugly and weird.]
Since the game was pretty much a shut out [16-7 I believe was the final] by the time we left at the end getting out of the parking lot was a breeze.

MONDAY JULY 3
We were invited to spend the day on my boss’s boat in Montauk. The BF picked me up and we drove the 3 hours. We did not get lost or hit traffic. But the main way to get there is Route 27 which is sunrise highway, and that far out it becomes one lane with a light so that is annoying.
We got there and hung out on the boat for a bit. The boss made some good pina coladas. Then the women went to the pool and the boss took the BF on his little boat, which is called “Too fast For You” and all I can say is that everyone came home alive. I assume the BF will comment and tell you all exactly what happened and what that experience was like.
Then they joined us at the pool. We hung out in the poll until I pruned.
Oh yeah, the BF saw MARK GREEN, some local Long Island politician and he was really excited but I have no idea who it is.
We went back to the boat and changed and went out to eat. We had ice cream and walked around some shops. I wanted to get matching “Montauk the End” shirts but BF said it was gay.
Finally we left. The ride back was much shorter. We did miss the LIE but we made it back in like 2 hours. It was a fun but way tiring day.

JULY 4
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!
Today my brother is proposing to his GF. His plan is to get pulled over by a cop, get frisked, have him find the ring and propose. He pre-arranged it with the cop before.
So I spent all day preparing the food/table etc…
See pics below: (what do you think? it was all me and my other bro)

Table 1


BK Cups and Name Cookies



Table- Side View


Table 2


Tiered Cakes

All went as planned. So it was a nice night
MAZAL TOV BEN AND KIMMY!!!

JULY 5
I had to wake up super early to get to a meeting for my boss since he is on vacation still. I basically got 3 hours of sleep. Thank g-d for coffee.
I also finally finished the first spool of yarn for my scarf. The first knitting project I am doing and I went to the place to add on the next one. I cant wait to learn more. I hope to be able to finish and put up a pic soon.
Then I had din with the BF and his parents. That’s all, the four of us. It was nice. But the whole idea was what was weird for me. I had a good time. But I made it an early night since I was really tired.

JULY 6
I wish I got a better night sleep last night. I was tossing and turning because I had to wake up early and I was worried that I wouldn’t get enough sleep. So it made me not be able to fall asleep. Weird.
SPIKED PUNCH MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!!
So we play tonight. If we win we have the Championship right after. So I am praying for a double header. But if not, I won’t say the extra sleep isn’t welcome.

I hope this is enough to tide you over for now.

I was supposed to go to AC for the weekend, but as NJ is closed (not that I am not a little happy, I mean the whole state of NJ closed, BRILLIANT! [Sorry Marc] but it does ruin plans a bit) we may go to CT instead for forgo for another weekend. Who really knows?

*title is courtesy of the BF.

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark isnt a Long Island politician. He was involved in city politics and he's now running for NYS Attorney General. www.markgreen.com

The boat ride with the boss was fun and I survived but I did get kinda religious when he floored the throttle. Not the good bedroom religious though.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger SusQHB said...

good plan. i love the groupin of tons of days. smart. i usually just don't blog one day and the next the fun exciting thing i was gonna write about is now boring in my mind. i loved ac! can't wait to go back. we should go together sometime. im a good luck charm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home