Filling my day and emptying my head

Read my thoughts, and about my day(s). I make no guarantees, but I may have interesting things to share or I may bore you to tears. Its a gamble :-) Sit back and Enjoy, I hope. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday July 17
We had volleyball tonight. Now of course we lost all three games, but yet this was not the worst part of my night. How could it be worse?
Well open exiting the building, I could not find my car. Not because I was re-living a seinfeld moment and was in a huge parking garage. No, No… because my car was towed. Yes Towed but by the NYPD.
Now I was waiting till I had my pics of the signs uploaded to write about this so you could fully understand the injustice, but the BF brought it to my attention that I have neglected y’all for too long.

So here is the tale:
I come out of V-ball to see no Athena. Now I am not 100% sure it was towed and not stolen. So first I look for a ticket or note on the meter telling me it was towed. Of course there is nothing.
Then I see a passing cop and ask him what to do. Turns out, not really a cop but a security guard for the place next door.
I call 311 and this is the beginning of the exchange:

Me :“Hi, I wanted to know if you can tell me if my car was towed or if I should report it stolen.” Yes not the best way to formulate the question, but I was little in shock, it does not however explain the response…
311 Operator: “ Ma’am [I am going to let this go] is this the first time you are reporting this vehicle today” Um.. if I already reported it, wouldn’t I know what the heck happened???
Me: “Yes, I cam and found my car missing, and I didn’t want to call the police and fill out a report if it was really towed”
311: “Well I can transfer you to a number and they may be able to tell you if it was towed”

So he transfers me and its whole to-do automated thing. Basically my car was towed. So I find out where and we start walking towards it.
Its like 8:30 ish now and I am wondering if they will be open. So I call. No answer, but a voice mail that says, “ Leave a message with your name, a phone number and your vehicle license plate and we will get back tot you within 24 hours” So I did…

THEY HAVE NOT YET CALLED ME BACK!!!

I call my brother who has had this happen to him, although he was towed to a different place. He thinks they are closed and if not they will close at 9. So the BF (who has been amazingly supportive) and I hail a cab and jet down to the “pound” on 34th and the west side highway (brings back bad Bar memories, which reminds me… GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TAKING THE BAR!!! Stop studying NOW! And go to a movie!). Turns out, they are open 24 hours. After this the process is relatively painless.
In about 30 min I am back in my car.

If you have never been it is interesting. The hold a few hundred cars in this large hangar type place, that is so big I had to be driven in the police van to my car.

Of course I am going to fight it!
Wish me luck…
Oh yeah and GO SPIKED PUNCH!!! (please)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home